Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Saina declared 'most promising player'

Monday, December 8, 2008 (New Delhi)
Saina Nehwal's good performance in the year 2008 has been recognised by the World Badminton Federation as the world body declared her the 'most promising player of the year' in its council meeting in Seoul.

She was elected out of three players proposed by the world body ahead of one Korean and one from Pan America. Saina, who became the first Indian women to break into the list of world top-10, had a dreamrun this year. After reaching the quarterfinals of Beijing Olympics, she also won Chinese Taipei Open, World Junior championship and Commonwealth Youth Games.

Elated at being bestowed with the honour, Saina said, "I am very excited and happy to get this honour. I never expected such an award but now that I have got it, it has motivated me a lot and given me a big boost."I just want to work even harder now and get more results," she added.

No comments: