Monday, November 24, 2008

Needed a change, so got a new haircut: Ishant


Without his trademark long hair, Ishant Sharma was not easy to recognise on the field as India played England in the fourth one-dayer on Sunday.


Someone jokingly remarked that long hair had generated wind resistance when the quickie bowled. Or such hair had resulted in dropping a vital catch in the Test series against Australia.The 19-year-old, his hair freshly cropped, laughed off the suggestions.


"I was actually wearing a cap when I failed to take that catch," he said.The Delhi speedster said that he decided to have a hair cut as he felt it was time for a change."I felt like I needed a change...so I decided to have a hair cut," he said.


"My teammates were also ragging me and asking me to go to the barber. If my teammates are happy, it also makes me feel the same," he added

No comments: