Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Olympian Vijender Kumar Meet Sylvester Stallone


The man who immortalised big screen boxing legend Rocky Balboa, Sylvester Stallone, is so impressed with Olympian Vijender Kumar, he's offered him a spot on his hit show. Stallone, who co-produces the NBC series The Contender, has asked him to be on the show and the boxer can't stop gushing about it.


"I'm flattered. I've been a huge fan and watched every movie of his, particularly the Rocky series.


" So is he considering doing the show, which sees 16 professional boxers attend a training camp and compete to be champion? "I have still not decided. Playing for my country is my priority right now.


" But has the opportunity to meet 'Rocky' thrilled the Olympic medallist? "I was over the moon. If I ever meet him, I am sure I would be speechless.


" Vijender is not alone in the Sly fanclub. "When I met Akshay Kumar, he also told me that he is a huge fan of Rocky's.


" Talking of his 'Bollywood' connection, what was meeting Bipasha Basu like? Vijender says, "I met her once during a stage show and one more time later. It was obviously very nice.


" But the boxer has a complaint. "Why does everyone ask me about my page 3 parties, my looks and my Bollywood interests? No one asks me about my first love - boxing, any more," he laments.


But he is learning to handle such queries, "I used to get upset by gossip written about me. I have learnt to brush that aside and enjoy the attention.

Posted by
Anbu.

No comments: