Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Saina eyeing senior world championships next year

Saina Nehwal
Saina Nehwal’s victory at the World Junior Championship on Sunday is yet another clear sign of the 18-year-old potential.

The badminton player with this victory has added a new feather to an already crowded cap in 2008. Some thought this was a stage Saina would struggle on but by winning the World Junior title in Pune; she has proved yet again that she is a special talent.

“May be after Olympic I can say this is really special for me. Winning any tournament is really great for me and espacially I didn't win it last time so I really wanted to win it this time,” says Saina.

On the brink of the top 10 on the senior circuit now, Saina is now desperately pursuing a target. She wants to prove herself on the biggest stage in her sport and is keen to make an impression against the best in the business.

“As I have now won the Junior World Championship, I'll be able to win senior championship titles and now next year I'll be focusing on All India Championship and world championship. So, these are the two events that I will be looking forward to,” she adds.

Saina was barely tested on her way to the title at Pune and that will surely boost her self-confident ahead the coming challenges.
Posted by
Anbu.

No comments: